Tuesday 30 December 2008

So what resolutions will it be this year?


Xmas has been and gone, my belly is still full up!! After much indulgence recently my thoughts are now turning to the New Year and what my plans for it are. The usual things spring to mind, work on body, improve health, i.e. stop smoking which would impress my niece immensely and be more organised! Why do we always choose the dark dismal days of January to change our lives, is it because we need to punish ourselves for all the weaknesses we had in the run up to Xmas? Or do we just need something to focus on and occupy our minds.

Apart from the above mentioned reso's I shall be adding a new one of 'get my ass into gear if I really want to make a go of earning money from my creativity'. Now don't get me wrong this could be the riskiest reso of all, yes even more so than giving up the 'weed'! For starters my timing is way out, everything around us seems to be crumbling under the weight of the CRUNCH! People aren't spending on luxuries anymore and want cheap cheap cheap. So why would anyone want to start out on their own in this climate..........because I think local and handcrafted are things people turn to in times of trouble as it gives them a sense of security and comfort, a nod back to the days when people didn't worship at the altars of the big corporate.

So I must procrastinate no longer and get on with it, it's now or never. I will have to get a real job very soon and would love to be able to have the luxury of only needing to look for a part time one to boost my creative earnings.............................. of course if I give up the weed as well I will need less earnings to start with ;o) Wish me luck!

Anyone else putting together a list............ lots of luck from me to you x

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your resolutions!! Hope your new business venture is a successful one. I haven't rreally thought about resolutions yet - other than my standard one of getting fitter! Have a great 2009!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love to read everyone's comments and always try to respond to them. xx