Wednesday 29 April 2009

Thanks to Freecycle and a Card and Choccie!

Recently I discovered the wonders of Freecyle. Not sure how I missed it as has been around since 2005! So far I have given away some garden chairs for a thrift shop wanting to serve teas and coffees. The most sweet old lady turned up to collect them and I will be visiting her shop for a rummage on Friday. Have picked up some old roof tiles and carpet to stop the weeds at the bottom of my garden, and an old fashioned wooden freestanding towel rail to go in my kitchen. All the people have been lovely and it's great to know that stuff isn't just going to the tip!

But by far my best find was a nearly new Markor oak bookcase from Ikea! This is going to sit proudly in my new craft room and will house all my fabrics.
I was so thrilled with the bookcase and the kindness of the lady I got it from that I just had to take her a little something when I picked it up. Here are some piccies.

Simple with lots of layering

Loving the pink and black theme

Who doesn't like chocoloate!

Supplies used:
Anna Griffin Papers
Bazzil cardstock
Anna Griffin Clear Stamps
Black Organza Ribbon

2 comments:

  1. I've been wondering about joining freecycle. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a find, lovely bookcase. I could easily fill it for you I have far too many books...if that is possible!? no I guess not.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love to read everyone's comments and always try to respond to them. xx