Sunday 28 April 2013

Dotty Fabric Box

My first fabric storage box made from a pattern in the Tilda Sew Pretty Homestyle book.  Her books are so inspiring, gorgeous fabrics great photos and the patterns at the back don't need to be enlarged either, bonus.

Green spot fabric is from Laura Ashley, they still do it I think.  I edged the turnover with some seam binding ribbon using a decorative stitch on my Janome Sewing Machine.  I haven't had this that long but am getting more used to it now and have to say it sews like a dream.
For the base I used an empty cereal box and covered it in the same fabric using some Stick and Stay spray adhesive by Crafters Companion which can be used on fabric and you can sew through it without messing up your needles.

I really loved how it turned out and it only took an hour to do.  It is now sitting on my sewing table and is home to all the odd bits of ribbons I always end up with.

Thanks for popping by.

with love LOLO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I love to read everyone's comments and always try to respond to them. xx