Monday 20 October 2008

It's been a while...

Sorry bloggers, I've been very lapse lately, almost 2 weeks since last post, shocking!

Have been busy sorting out my new storage area for my growing collection of fabrics and also just started helping out at my local Cancer Research Charity Shop. The people at the shop are just lovely and make the best tea going, some of them have been working there for over 10 years as volunteers, see there are still caring people in this world. I must admit it is a bit of an eye opener working there, things you don't realise, people actually steel from the shop, they change price tags over (as if things aren't cheap enough already), and some seem to think the donation bags are for putting their household rubbish in!! That aside though it is a nice thing to be doing and most customers are lovely, it's great to see what they buy and find out what they are going to be doing with it. There is a very big downside to working there though................ and that is all the stuff I keep bringing home as I get to see it first hand before it hits the shop floor. The other ladies did warn me of the temptations and how their lofts are brimming over with "oh I'll get that it's soo cute I can make so and so with it.....". There is just no hope for me now ;o)
I was on another blog the other day and saw this book featured

There is also a new magazine for sewers hitting the stores end of October called Sew Hip and you can see it here , bit pricey at £6.00 an issue but will definitely buy first one to see what it is all about.


http://www.sewhip.co.uk/issue1.html

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great read! I don't sew much lately, but when I find a fabric I love, that's when I get motivated. Thanks for stopping by to see my shabby white piano!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love to read everyone's comments and always try to respond to them. xx