Saturday 6 June 2009

40th Birthday Card

Hmm been a long time since I posted anything crafty! I have missed it a lot but have been so busy over last month what with decorating, holidays, hospital appointments, hot sunny weather, well who wants to craft when it's baking outside ;o)

Anyways I had a commission to make a 40th birthday card for my sister's boss. For a while I wasn't sure what I was going to do, kept getting papers out, printing off images, but nothing seemed quite right. Was getting a bit frustrated, so I stopped and decided to tidy up my craftroom as it was a bit of pig sty! Oh you wouldn't believe the dust that I found, quite shocking! Once done I felt sooo much better, having things tidy and neat just seems to calm me. I sat myself back down and started afresh. A tidy workplace is definitely what I need to have all the time, as I was able to finally put a card together.

So here are some piccies, hope you like it.

Flower jewels from my stash

This shows dimension of the card

Love this ribbon, it has fine gold thread through edges

Lined the envelope to match as finishing touch

Right I have another 5 commissions to fulfill for normal birthday cards so must crack on before the room gets out of order again ;o) Thanks for popping by xx

Supplies:
Cream cardstock (stash)
Papermania diecut dresses
Ribbon (stash)
Brenda Pinnick frames
Jewels (stash)
Glitter (QVC set)
Sakura stardust pens

2 comments:

  1. hiya...what a fab card so neat and great use of embellies too ..she love it ..hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is just yummy, i lurrrrve those dresses where did you get those me wants some ;) a really gorgeous classy card i love it.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love to read everyone's comments and always try to respond to them. xx