Friday 28 August 2009

Birthday Cards for my mum

Today is my mum's birthday! Cards are made and pressies are wrapped. We are having a family meal tonight and I have two slow cookers with chilli con carne in and am about to embark on making Nigella's victoria sponge. Sorry Mrs Beeton but I know her recipe works! Now all I need to do is sort my barnet out, which is looking a bit like Dougall out of the Magic Roundabout at the moment!

Used K & Company Classic McKenna papers for this one. It is for my nan to give to her.

I printed out the sentiment on my computer then die cut them out using my new rectangle nestibilities. The corners were rounded off using the We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper which is just so easy to use.

This one is for my sister to give to her. These papers are from K&Company again, this time it is their Amy Butler range who is an amazing textile and paper designer in the states.

Again diecuts are done with nestibilities. Don't worry the frayed ribbon was rectified after the piccie was taken!

This last one is from me. I rummaged through my bulging file of paper offcuts and found some lovely embossed and glittered blue handmade papers I'd forgotten about. It really does twinkle in real life, hard to catch on camera.

Diecut rectangles were done by hand this time and added some bright pink ribbon in satin and organza to finish off. Very basic really and great to use up bits and pieces.

I think the first card is my fave one, which one is yours? xx

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by, I love to read everyone's comments and always try to respond to them. xx