Friday 14 May 2010

Love Birds

So today is a grey day here not inspiring me to go and do the garden even though it desparately needs it!  So what else is there to do, why make a card of course!
This one is for my sister's friends, they celebrate their 8th wedding anniversary this weekend.  I wanted to step away from my usual florals and found these lovely bird images from Pink Petticoat stored away in my never ending stash of digital images.
The original bird image was manipulated in Photoshop Elements, it started out as one bird with a thought bubble.  I duplicated it and removed the bubble and flipped it so that they made a pair of love birds.  The colouring was also done in Photoshop and then transferred to Powerpoint where I added the sentiment.
It was then printed out onto heavyweight ivory cardstock and layered onto some blue dotty Anna Griffin paper and red Bazzill cardstock.  For embellishments I punched out some mini hearts with my Xcut punch and wrapped an organza bow around the bottom.

Et voila, a cute little card for a lovely couple.  Thanks for popping by. xx

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty card - and totally unique! Inspiring work - bet they love it, Lucy xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey that sound technical!!! I love the card though!! Pretty!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love to read everyone's comments and always try to respond to them. xx