Friday 12 June 2009

Bedroom Makeover - French/Shabby Chic Style

You may remember my post a while ago on how I was helping my lovely mummy redecorate her room, well we've finally finished and thought I'd share some before and after piccies.

Vertical headboards were very in vogue back then!

We recycled one of them, recovered it and hung it horizontally.
The wallpaper is by Monsoon and is a breeze to put up as you paste the wall, not the paper, brilliant idea!

Those old dark wooden blinds had to go, they sucked out all the light!
And the makeshift dresser definitely had to go
!!

Much brighter! My mum made the roman blinds and covered the stool to match the headboard. Now she can actually see to do her hair and make up!

From paper to................

crystal! I had it in my office but it went so perfectly in her room, how could I not give it to her ;o)

The quaint little drawer unit was from an Antique fair a few years ago. Updated with some gorgeous pink paint.

As was this shelf unit which used to belong to my nan and was made out of an old church pew.
Perfect to fill a corner.


And finally, someone is obviously very happy with the makeover lol :o)!!

Well that's it then, all over. Now I have no excuses to not get on with moving my craftroom into the back bedroom! Thanks for popping by xx

3 comments:

  1. what a fantastic job...can i book you for the 2nd week in august...lol!!!! its a lovely transformation...love the touch of pink...bet shes thrilled...hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous makeover - well done x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mum must be very happy this is lovely but then all your work is so good that's why I have a little something for you over on my blog so when you have a moment please stop by and collect it
    Love Susie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love to read everyone's comments and always try to respond to them. xx