Monday 15 June 2009

Boot Sale Sunday

Wow what a glorious weekend of sunshine we had, it was just fab! Perfect for an early bootsale trip ;o) Trotted off with my mum at 8.30am and when we got there cars were already queuing back onto the road! It was busy, we paid our 30p and parked up the car, we were roasting already. There didn't seem to be so many sellers this week, maybe they preferred to stay in their gardens today and have a barbie instead, who could blame them. That didn't deter us though and we managed to come away with a few goodies.

First up were these 2 picture frames with no glass in them. In really good nic and got them for £1.00. The lack of glass is perfect as I want them to go directly on the wall and painted the same colour so they look like part of the wall if you get what I mean! I've got so many 'painting' projects from stuff I've accumulated, I really should make a start on them :o)

Next are 3 pillowcases, 50p each. 2 of them are matching and will look lovely on my bed, the other pretty floral one is probably destined to become part of something else.

My obsession with glass candlesticks continues, I picked up this one for £1.00 and it will sit nicely with the other 10 that hang out round my fireplace! I particularly love the fact none of them match.

A bag of buttons for 20p, not exciting colours I know but you can never have too many neutrals in my book :o)

And this old pine shelf for £1.00 which would have originally been used for spices but which I am going to put my little pots of beads and glitter on as I hate having such prettiness stashed away in boxes.

Well that's it for another week......................thanks for popping by. xx

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing what other people get at the boot sales. I got some lovely bits this week too and will get around to putting them on here soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bargains Lolo, those frames will look lovely all painted up - and the pillowcases are really pretty too. Well done on your haul xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous bargains and the pink material er like wow its so lush...the candlesticks are the wow factor for me and i too love glass....the shelf..well a bargain or what would love a shopping trip with you ...but reckon we would end up fighting over the bargains...but hey i like to share......what a hunter gatherer you are ..comendable....hugs love sassxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love to read everyone's comments and always try to respond to them. xx