Thursday 18 June 2009

Birthday Card using fabric

Made a card today for my nan's friend and thought I would share with you all. I found some small pieces of fabric stashed in a draw that were too small to make anything with but perfect for a card. Went with pale blues and creams, I love how restful the combination is, probably coz that's the colours you get at the seaside, doh!

These fabrics are great for cards as the prints are small, they were what my nan used to use to make the soft furnishings for her handmade dollshouse furniture. Everything was to 1/12th scale and the fabrics took real prints and scaled them down. Sadly she can't make these anymore so I have inherited all her old trimmings, including an enormous amount of lace and silk ribbon. Thought it would be nice that the card she gives to her friend used some of her stuff.

The card was being posted so didn't layer too much. Royal Mail really sting you for this now!

You can see the trim in more detail here, it is not too fussy which I liked. The heart is by Quickutz and was diecut from one of those rolls of sticky back plastic you get at Hobbycraft in pink sparkle which I stuck to acetate before cutting. It's a shame the camera didn't pick it up better as it really does twinkle! Makes the diecuts very cheap as you get a lot of roll for you bucks :o)

Thanks for popping by and hope you liked the card. xx

4 comments:

  1. hiya....great minds think alike lol!!! im in the eprocess of using all over lace...as yer know i cant resist feminiey stuff....and this is so brilliant looks really expensive and totally unique....love it hug sassyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning darling I will have to have a go at this myself
    you have made it beautifully
    Love Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo that's gorgeous, well done. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tagged you on my blog if you'd like to take part :) XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love to read everyone's comments and always try to respond to them. xx