Saturday 16 March 2013

Handmade Needle Book Case

Continuing with my sewing bug it's a needlebook case this time.  Same fabric that I used for the heart being stripey it makes it nice and easy to cut in a straight line.


Now if I had thought about I should have photographed the stages for you guys but as I didn't will try and explain what I did.

I cut two pieces of the fabric and one piece of fleece lining all the same size adding allowances for seams.  I then cut 3 extra pieces of the fleece about 1cm smaller all round, these would be used for the book pages.  A piece of twill tape slightly wider than the fabric and one long enough for the tab closure was also cut.


You then place one piece of fabric and the fleece lining wrong sides together and pin to secure.  Take your twill tape and pin in place on the right side of the fabric and sew in place with a blanket stitch.  I also added some decorative stitching either side of the tape.


When happy with your decorative stuff place this piece right sides together with the other piece of fabric and stitch all the way round leaving an opening for turning.  Trim excess material and cut corners at an angle then turn the fabric inside out.  Smooth and hand sew the little opening.


All that's left now is to trim the fleece pages with pinking shears and stitch all three to the middle of the cover and then attach your twill closure to the back cover and add a fastener to the front of the cover.


Am really chuffed with how this turned out and it is so soft and padded.  I will be making a few more of these for family and friends.

Thanks for popping by.  Lolo x

1 comment:

  1. cor !!!!!i loving this perfect stiching ..love it lola...too long you have been away so you have been missed hugs sassyxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love to read everyone's comments and always try to respond to them. xx